Saturday, February 18, 2012

It's been a while.......

.........since I posted.........Round 2 of the lurgy struck just when I thought I had kicked it to the kerb.....I even went to the doctor who looked at my throat....took my blood pressure and temp....looked in my ears and said if I was still sick in a week I should come back.........no need for any intervention with anti biotics ...long story short......sore throat and other symptoms have now gone......just leaving me feeling  tired and flat.....I am sure that too will pass in time.

I have done a little stitching here and there but have been in bed early most nights. 

Anyhoo...I am sure by now you are getting set to ask me if I would like some cheese and crackers with my "whine".......so I will stop.......

Today was the second get together with the Farmer's Wife girls.......I spent last night prepping a couple of blocks to stitch today.....have to confess.........it was the first time the book and fabric had been out since we met at Claire's a month ago!   I managed three blocks today so I was pleased with that!! 

Thanks Val for hosting us today............and we had a surprise visit from Kris who was visitng family in Adelaide and called in to visit us as well........as I write she should be winging her way back to Melbourne.  It was great to see you Kris!!! 


 Tara joined us today (she was away in the US last time we got together......some might take that as an excuse........)....Tara has been doing the Farmer's Wife blocks for a while so is a bit  way ahead of us.....she also bought along some show and tell in the form of Mrs Billing's Coverlet  which she is working on .....


Claire was doing a great job as quilt holder...........


Tara....you perhaps should check your bag to make sure Mrs Billings is in there.....just saying! 

I have been in love with this quilt since I saw it at Somerset Patchwork last year when I was visitng with Gail.......but have so far resisted the urge to start it......so far...........

Look at the work rate here...........Mrs P and Val.....go girls!


Had a great day........it did me the world of good to get out of the house for something other than work.  These are the blocks I got done today......that makes a grand total of five!  well on the way to that table runner! LOL


Rose has been very patient with me while I have been feeling under the weather.......although if she could make a cuppa and cook the occasional meal it would be a big help......check out this face.........doesn't look all that comfy but it's her favourite spot!


'Til next time..........................Lorraine

23 comments:

Karen said...

Sorry to hear that you were sick even more. No fun to spend time just laying in bed feeling awful.

The coverlet is wonderful! A very good job piecing all those diamonds, etc. I will be joining friends this morning and hope to see some interesting quilt projects too.

AnnieO said...

vTara's Mrs. Billings is amazing! I didn't realize how tiny all those pieces truly were. Great photos of everyone (waving to Shay!) So glad you're on the mend finally and hope back to your usual energy soon. Love your blocks!

Vivian said...

A change of scenery is always a good move, especially when there's something quilt-related in that scenery. I've been following Tara's blog for a long time and enjoy her projects. How nice to be able to see them in person.
Heal - mend - relax - re-energize - hopefully you'll be back in the groove soon. I've missed you.

Cheryl said...

The crud sure tried to get the best of you. Getting out and about with crafty friends is always a good thing...beautiful projects and looks like a wonderful time.

Peg - Happy In Quilting said...

Sorry to read you have not been well Loz..but good to know you are on the mend...lookls like you all had a good day...

Linda said...

Glad to hear that you are on the mend and back into stitching. Do I see Tim Tams on the table?

tammy.woods1 said...

i have been thinking about Mrs Billing quilt as well but after seeing a lot of photos of it i am starting think i need to do it
I hope you are feeling better soon and hope to see you at the stitch in spring at Simpson this year.

Anonymous said...

lovely post,glad you are feeling better.xx

Sheryl said...

I'm sorry to hear you haven't been feeling the best... good way to feel better get out of the house and go sewing with your friends.... wish I was closer to I could join in too, I love the farmers wife quilt.... have some fabric stashed for it, just need the book. Tara's Mrs Billings is inspiring, lucky you seeing it for real...

Daisy Jayne said...

Sorry to hear you have been feeling poorly, but on the road to recovery, sounds like a day out with the girls is just what the doctor should have prearranged. (chuckle)

Kiwifruit-Shiree said...

so glad to hear you on the mend. and I am sure that spending time with "The Farmer's wife" gals will have brought a big smile to your face,

Unknown said...

Now you Need to stay Healty for your trip to NSW at least the Stamina for the weekend..
I Love that Quilt too and have resisted so far..lovely pics of the girl's always lovely to see Shay being Productive in Kris's post she is caught talking..who would have thought.LOL LOL
Take Care

Sue SA said...

I hate it when the doc tells you your not sick enough for drugs, I think if this is the case they should at least prescribe you comfort food which you can pick up from the chemist...nice basket of chocolate, brandy (alcholic bev. Of choice), a ready made casserole and some dessert, AND a hot water bottle!

Tazzie said...

Haha, Mrs Billings made it home safe and sound, thank heavens! I think I would have suffered some sort of separation anxiety if it had found a new home :-)
Chatter soon
*hugs*
Taz
:-)

seabreezequilts said...

If you can't whine on your own blog where can you. Hope you are feeling better soon. A get together is a great motivator for these big adventurous quilts.

Shay said...

OMG - I told you to photoshop my fat arms out. Moving on...

I had such a good time catching up with you all on Saturday. The Mrs. B coverlet was utterly darling wasnt it?

Leanne said...

Looks like a nice afternoon. It is a nasty bug that is going around. Hope you are soon feeling 100%.

Chookyblue...... said...

hope your all better now............glad you girls had a lovely day sewing........I love Mrs billings........so tempting......

Lounging with a Latte said...

Sorry to read you haven't been well, hope it has cleared up by now. No harm in having a little whine now and then!

Katie said...

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. I've been salivating over the Mrs. Billings quilts. But I'm NOT going to give in! :-)

Michelle May-The Raspberry Rabbits said...

Ok icky poo poo sickness...go away!!!
There...hope that helped!
Hugs!

Jen said...

Hello Lorraine, Nice blocks for the table runner. look foreward to seeing the finished photo. Look at Rose laying there so cute.
Glad you are on the mend.

quiltygal said...

Hope that a week longer since the post has you feeling better I am getting ready for work & wishing I was going stitching again !!....Have a great weekend & see you in 3 weeks :)